The Westhill Central School District Educational Foundation awards grants to teachers for innovative projects that encourage creative teaching methods. Grants may be awarded for experiential learning and/or expanding students’ understanding of the curriculum. The purpose of the Foundation’s grant program is to enrich student learning and enhance the instructional programming in our schools.
When submitting a grant application for consideration, it should meet one or more of the following Foundation criteria:
- Serve as an opportunity for enrichment that cannot be funded through the normal school budget
- Offer the possibility of continued impact for more than one year
- Offer expanded opportunities for application in other curricula and use by other educators
- Demonstrate innovative approaches or methodologies
- Anticipate, encourage, or reflect the expanded use of technology
- Impact as large a number of students as possible
- Encourage partnership with other funding sources
- Is consistent with the Westhill Schools’ curriculum and NY State Standards
- Serve as an effective pilot for possible future programs
The Foundation cannot approve funding for:
- Faculty/staff salaries and benefits
- Support of sports teams and equipment
- General capital improvements
- Building and grounds operations and maintenance
- Ongoing transportation expenses
- Routine purchases of equipment and supplies
- Administrative and clerical support
Instructions For Applicants
The Westhill Educational Foundation’s Spring 2022 Grant round will accept applications from January through the end of June. Grants will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis, until the deadline or our budgeted limit is reached.
The current grant application is a streamlined, more responsive, version of the Foundation’s traditional grant process. If you have not considered applying for a grant from the Foundation recently, please take some time to reconsider one. The updated Grant process is designed to save time for both you and the Foundation, allowing for faster responses to the changing needs of the school district.
All applications need to be submitted through our Google Form and you then have the ability to add supporting photos and files through email after you submit the Form.
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/DvXLLU7Bsy5pWf1SA